Are you an Irish living in Australia? If you are, then there must be loads of things you miss about Ireland. One that tops the list is the familiar foods that our Irish mates had grown up with. What’s great however is that you can find basically almost anything that comes from anywhere else in Australia, and that includes good Irish food!
One company that sells great Irish food in Australia is Taste Ireland. They import over 100 different brands and they sell wholesale, online, and you can find their products at Woolworths too. Now you can pamper yourself with the many Irish gift hampers you can find in Taste Ireland.
We are sharing with you some Irish food you can get in Australia.
- Guinness Draught – the world’s most famous creamy Irish stout and is a staple on many great Irish dishes. The creamy bitter Guinness also pairs well with beef.
- Traditional Black and White Pudding – an essential ingredient for that full Irish Breakfast and this one is based on the flavoursome Traditional Irish recipe.
- Traditional Irish Sausages – have rusk and seasoning for the real Irish taste. It’s ideal for the perfect Irish breakfast and is the closest thing to a Denny sausage this side of the world!
- Baked Irish Soda Bread – a tried and tested recipe that is a proven favourite that can be frozen and used on a rainy day.
- Cadbury Chocolate – Ireland’s favourite chocolate. Cadbury’s Dairymilk is a “Love Irish Food” Brand and every ½ pound of Cadbury Dairy Milk contains a glass and a half full of fresh Irish milk sourced from cows.
- TK Red Lemonade – the sparkling and fun lemonade treat for the kids and the whole family. TK has a wide range of flavours and adults associate it with childhood and know it as the original red lemonade.
- Lakeshore Wholegrain Guinness Mustard – this unique blend of Guinness Stout and mustard is excellent with protein-rich meats like roast beef, steaks and barbecue. It provides a subtle flavour to sauces and also adds taste to soups and stews.
- Erin Traditional Farmhouse Vegetable Soup – Erin is an iconic Irish food brand that is over 40 years old and is known for its range of excellent dry sauces, soups and vegetables. Enjoythe home made taste of delicious wholesome soups with Erin’s traditional soup. The company concocts their range of traditional soups using only the finest ingredients.
- Tayto crisps – Ireland’s No. 1 Crisp brand! Special blending of the choicest potatoes and the purest sunflower oil, seasoned in a delightful cheese and onion flavour. It’s the first and the tastiest cheese & onion flavoured crisps in the world.
- Barry’s Loose Leaf Tea – carefully blended by experts for over a century, it has a distinctively refreshing flavour and a bright golden colour. Barry’s is a “Love Irish Food” Brand.
- Tayto Bistro crisps – hand cooked gourmet crisps made with 100% sunflower oil and is suitable for vegetarians.
- Baileys – Baileys Original Irish Cream is crafted with care from fresh Irish cream, the finest spirits and Irish whiskey.
- Wolf Blass Brut Chardonnay Pinot Noir – A great dinner starter, Wolf Blass Red Label Premium Cuvée has had a long and distinguished history at major wine shows in the past. It contains a depth and complexity with refreshingly dry characters of stone fruit with soft yeast-derived toastiness and lasting minerality.
- After Eight Mints – light and airy chocolate mints. It’s described as “mint enrobed in dark chocolate” and is intended, as the name suggests, to be used as after-dinner mints.
- Old Time Irish Coarse Cut Marmalade – made with the freshest fruit and utmost care in every part of the process. It’s the perfect preserve for that morning tea and toast.
- Boland Kimberley Biscuits – Kimberley is the legendary biscuit of the Emerald Isle, a gingery biscuit enclosing a marshmallow centre encrusted with sugar.
- Hellmanns Light Mayo Jar – half the calories and fat of Hellmann’s real mayonnaise but all of the rich, creamy taste. Prepared with 100% certified cage-free eggs and 3.5g fat per serving, it’s also a good source of Omega 3 ALA.
- The Scullery Corn Relish – a unique taste – sharp as a tack yet smooth and velvety. It’s the ultimate comfort food that is low in fat, has no cholesterol or salt, additives, preservatives or MSG, only natural ingredients and spices that increases metabolism which aids in weight loss.
- Club Orange – the first orange fruit juice to come on the market. Oliver Grace was the man who made it. Club Orange is a “Love Irish Food” Brand.
- Barry’s Irish Breakfast Tea – a subtle blend for relaxed people who enjoy life and good company. It has a flavour so refreshing you can taste the difference.
For more information on Taste Ireland visit www.tasteireland.com.au.